Bacteria Sleuths and Zoologist Hard at Work!

Dear Room 124 Families,

It is exciting to watch the young learners of Room 124 grow using all of their multiple intelligences. Students are building learning stamina and applying themselves toward problem solving, critical thinking and self-reflection. These three powerful learning skills are foundational in the transition from primary to intermediate learning. The first few months of third grade can be overwhelming and I admire how the students are learning to take responsibility for their leaning and choices. They are beginning to understand that learning is not about mastery. Students are beginning to make strong connections with the learning strategies across the curriculum and how they are integrated. Knowing how and when to use learning strategies is paramount, not mastery of a single skill. They should be incredibly proud of themselves!

This Friday our third-grade band is learning about sound waves and creating instruments. Prior to this inquiry project, student will research how sound waves are created and how they differ within the animal kingdom and in their present learning environment. On Friday, the third-grade team of scientist will rotate through different learning and inquiry stations in Room 122 and 124. Below is a link to sign up if you are interested in helping prepare materials and set up stations in the morning or help with the learning station in the afternoon. We appreciate your help. Thank you!

Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:

1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/JjyCzY

2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.

3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.

Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.

Your child’s pink parent/teacher conference form was sent home in their binder. If you have not had a chance, please fill it out and send it back. I will try to remember to remind students to turn them in as well! Please remember that I am always here to meet and talk with you as well. We do not need a formal pink slip to do so. Your peeps are terrific!

Take good care.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Wing